Good Neighbours Ottawa
Since March 2020, we have seen our community come together in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. However, the colder months brought additional challenges to our community.
Last fall, iGenOttawa launched a Good Neighbours Ottawa Campaign to promote the need to engage with our neighbours over the winter months. While warmer days have arrived, let's keep looking out for our neighbours.
- Consider focusing your attention on one or two neighbours.
- Check to see if they would like regular calls.
- In terms of practical help, there are lots of ways to provide neighbourly assistance, including these 10 ways you can support a senior who is living at home.
Join the Good Neighbours Ottawa Campaign and help us promote the importance of neighbourly acts. There are many ways to join in:
- Share the Good Neighbours Checklist to help spread the word. (While focused on winter, most ideas apply year-round.)
- Share stories of neighbourly acts in your neighbourhood that could inspire others.
- If posting on social media, use the hashtag #GoodNeighboursOttawa and tag @iGenOttawa.
- Follow us on social media for updates on the campaign.
Good neighbours make a world of difference!
Watch the conversation between Christine Franklin, Co-founder of iGenOttawa and Pete Bombaci, Founder of Genwell Project on the importance of neighbours helping neighbours.
It was also great to partner on this social media message with Connected Canadians, whose efforts are helping seniors stay connected via technology.